
I used to think that if I were to simply occupy myself by doing something meaningful like volunteering right now, I would simply be avoiding the problem at hand. And escapism would be something I would want to avoid.
However, I took a small step out of my box today, and went down to the L&M to help out with coming up with a newsletter.
Is it escapism? It may or may not be. But one thing is for sure, I am reminded that I am empowered by God. For the whole of today, I have not let the fact that I’ll be graduating one year later bog me down.
The problem can never be solved when all I do is to THINK about solutions and staying at home.
I think that’s how anyone, whether a believer of Jesus or not, can find a path to happiness on this planet. That is simply not to be too caught up with your own problems and give your time for a good cause. Because when you show some care, concern and most importantly, love, for the ppl around you and the society, you realise that your problems become less important. That’s because you realise that the world is so much bigger than me, myself, and my problems. Nope, they do not disappear, they still need to be addressed. But those problems will definitely drag you down like quicksand or somesort if you just sit on it and do nothing.
yf
Sunday, April 11, 2010
today was good. and tmr may be better!
Posted by
yufan
at
12:57 AM
