The cell group had dinner and drinks at Timbre @ Substation tonight, with much thanks to joseph and ewan. And guess what! All of us had some alcohol too. And at the end of it, one of my friends said that Christian friends are usually more boring. I assumed she meant that it's not expected of Christians to hangout in a place like Timbre and yet in a healthy manner.
That made me think quite a lot on the way back.
Would we be able to attract more friends to the Lord if we do more activities that people of this world do and invite them to it, instead of only gathering within the four walls of the church or sitting on the floor in a circle?
I wonder what do pre-believers think about church-goers. Is the church able to attract young people who like to hangout in bars, pubs? In other words, is the church able to attract NORMAL youths??? I intended to express my views discreetly but I can't hold it anymore.
I want to drink once in a while with my friends, hang out in bars. And naturally, have raging hormones and am interested in girls too. But why is it that the church seems to discourage us from these? Did the Bible say we can't drink? Did the Bible say that a couple has to split up because their cell leaders don't approve of their relationship. Oh yar, did I mention that couples in the church have to report the number of hours they spend with each other and on the phone to their pastor?
Is that all normal? Is that all done in the name of attaining 'holiness'?
Help this confused kid...
yf
Monday, April 19, 2010
is the church able to attract 'normal' ppl????
Posted by
yufan
at
12:14 AM
