This morning, I woke up earlier than the birds for a walk in the park! okay technically, i didn't wake up early, but more like i couldn't sleep. So at 5 am, i put on my shoes, took my ipod and set off.
The feeling of solitude, with music playing from the ipod in my shorts, the sounds of nature and the cool air... ahhh, it's a feeling that i've never felt, and surprisingly, it feels good!! and to top it all off, i worked up a good sweat too.
The past 24 hours had been rather interesting. I'm once again reminded that God is real, through an act of kindness that defies human nature.
Just this Thursday morning, I got into another car accident. Let's not get into the topic of me always getting into accidents, but lemme continue my story. I was tailgating this lady driver pretty closely on the expressway and ended hitting her rear bumper when she stepped on her brake. I got out and tried to act 'tough' even though I felt like a kid lost in a shopping mall and told the driver I banged into that it wasn't my fault.
Both of us didn't want to report this to our insurance companies so we decided to meet at a workshop yesterday morning at Kaki Bukit, so that the damage of her car can be assessed and I can pay for the repairs. It was an extremely ulu place, almost like sarimbun camp. I went there by cab cos i was afraid that I would end up lost and arriving late.
I got there, and her husband arrive first as she had to attend to some other stuff. He was very nice to me and we chatted about everything under the sun. At the same time, it felt very awkward because I was thinking that he should be nastier to me and act like some bully cos isn't that the normal treatment you give to someone who crashed into you or your wife's car in Singapore?
And when his wife, the lady driver came later, she was very nice to me and was pretty smiley too!
And that moment, I asked God if He's kidding with me. And guess what, when the mechanics at the workshop assessed the cost of the damage, they told us it would only be $180! As a regular crasher, trust me, this is a steal... Bumpers would usually cost at least $400. I wanted to shout out Halluelujah with a high angle wide shot!!
Guess what, it doesn't end here... After passing them the money, they insisted on giving me a lift to TC (for the prayer meeting)!
God works in strange ways... ;)
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Earlier than the birds and the bees
Posted by
yufan
at
6:36 AM
