I don't wanna talk
It makes me feel sad
And I understand
You've come to shake my hand
I apologize
If it makes you feel bad
Seeing me so tense
No self-confidence
But you see
The winner takes it all
The winner takes it all......
I chanced upon this song, and I really like it. But the lyrics are so sad, and the worst part is that I can really connect with it.
I think the thing that makes it really tough to break out of a cycle of depressing thoughts is the thought of self-pity. The self-pity that roots from pride.
I just had dinner with a good friend last night. Amazingly, he had just gone through what I had a couple of years back. And i found myself giving him advice that on hindsight, really sounded like something for myself instead.
God gives me feelings. Sadness is included. But the choice is still in me whether or not to be pulled down by it. Somehow, it seems now that the question I ask shouldn't be how do i not feel sad, but what now should I do so that I can move on instead of staying at the same spot moping at the same problem. Cos asking the first question really leads me to focus even more on my feelings, which gives me
the
sinking
fee
ling...
The myth out there is that you have to be happy to be able to move on. I think otherwise now. Moving on is a choice, and the fulfillment of happiness is a gradual effect.
Another friend of mine told me over lunch on wednesday that instead of waiting for something to happen, i should be taking some action before that something happens.
And so! I am STILL sad!! I acknowledge it! But I shall move on!! So that i can rise up from the circumstance that I'm in and have victory.
And I give thanks to the author and perfecter of my faith.
