Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Goodbye, Little Boy

O little boy, where have you gone?
You were my youth and my innocence, you were my all.

Through your eyes, I saw no danger.
With your ears, I heard no malice.
With your lips, I tasted no fear.
By your hands, I committed no wrong.

The darkness wasn't that black,
Neither was the white very bright.

You chased my dreams with unabashed drive.
You completed my tasks with unrebelling commitment.
You spoke up for me with unquestionable innocence.

With you around, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Until the day, you went away...
Slipped out of my embrace...
I cried for nights and days,
The wound would not heal, the pain would not go away...

My smiles were replaced with frowns,
Laughter turned into scowls,
Joy became hatred,
And happiness was nowhere to be found.

My dreams were shattered, my pride was drowned,
Left naked and vulnerable, all alone.
Unwelcoming stares and I became a matching pair,
I was left with nothing, completely bare.

How I wish, little boy, that you shield me from this shame.
This misery is unbearable, driving me insane.
How I wish you are by my side once again,
So that I can be myself, just me, plain...

'Get up on your feet, try again,
Little boy wouldn't want to see you in this pain.
He isn't here, and he may never return,
But I am here, and have been here since the very first day.
I am in grief, to see you in this shape, to know that you are suffering.
Believe me, I can take away your shame.
Just follow me, and I will show you the way.'

So I held on to his hand, it's warm,
And I was led to the gentle streams.
He cleansed the stains off me, gave me brand new garments,
Threw away the shame and relieved me off my pain.
Then washed my feet and put brand new sandals on them.

Tears welled up, my eyes turned damp.
Never have I been treated like this,
Just like a prince.

'I love you, my child, I will never let you go.
Nothing you can do, could make me love you more.
Nothing you can do, would make me close the door.
Everything was said and done, so that you would come.'

Then I saw little boy, not too far away,
Waving to me, smiling, saying 'it's been great knowing you.
You no longer need me, because the One you now follow is so much more.'

With reluctance, I waved back to bid goodbye.
The burden of my past, went along with him.

I turned to Him, and followed along the narrow path.
Sadness and agony are but distant emotions and memories.
Newborn dreams and fresh hope are but some of the many He has given me.