Manchester United won the gunners!!
Yaocong, Ji En and I went to Chen Chung's pad to watch the match. The adrenaline triggered by manyoo's nervous defending mixed with the awesome company of band friends was the perfect recipe for a night that I won't forget for quite some time to come...
Fyi, Yaocong's really some music prodigy and is the one of the best tuba players in Singapore. We were concert masters together until I got the boot, and both of us wanted to make music our careers. But God has His way of making things happen and to cut the long story short, Yaocong will be flying to London soon to study music at the prestigious Guildhall. Honestly, I do feel a tinge of jealousy, most probably due to the fact that he has managed to achieve a long time dream that I once had too. His determination and drive to succeed in this field, which is something I never possessed, is something I admire.
Not long ago, I posted an entry that mentioned that friends who are really are a class above the rest are those who share your joys, and not just the burdens, because at most times due to jealousy, the former is much harder... Realising that, I really want to wish Yaocong all the best and I hope that as a journalist in the future, I will be able to cover the news of this upcoming music superstar who will inspire many youths to take up the tuba!
Monday, April 14, 2008
Friends Share Joy
Posted by
yufan
at
2:32 AM
