Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Boys will be Boys

Last Tuesday, I volunteered with Gateway for project SMILE at the Singapore Boys' Home. Usually, I start off very much apprehensive when it comes to working with such boys. But this time, as usual, God has melted my heart by the end of this service.

Kengsan told me beforehand that my group required special attention. That is really Kengsan's way of saying, 'your group is really much more than a handful'. Or at least, that was the impression that I perceived. Turned out that they were a really nice bunch of boys. I don't want to make it sound like I am good at communicating with youths but according to charles, my group was quite out-of-control during the previous session when I was not around and this is my first time meeting them. It is all by the grace of God that I have managed to click with them.

I have no idea how they ended up in the Boys' Home, but honestly, I don't care. Because right from the beginning, all of us were brought into this world, carrying the hopes and expectations of our parents and the society. And at times, we may disappoint people around us, but God never gives up on us, and God will never give up on them too. So to me, Boys will be Boys, whether you are in the Home, or you are like Chun Bok, a junior of mine who happens to be a clarinet prodigy. I happened to see him on the train back home after the service, and had a short and nice chat with him.

Embrace your dreams, and protect them from voice of the world!

P.S. If it ain't for some stupid lawyer's letter, I would have been able to help out on Thursday too... bummer...