On Wednesday night...
It felt like Rachel just came back to Singapore not so long ago, and then I was telling her, 'Good! Now you are back, I have my supper buddy again!' Turned out that I had my first supper with her since her return tonight, and she's flying back to Perth on Tues morning.
I remember how often the gang of supper khakis used to supper at chomp chomp. Back then, Charmaine, Charles, Jang, Bei, Rach and I were the regulars. Rach said that the sappers ain't how we used to be like. Yar, the truth is that, and it hurts slightly more than a little. But I guess that's how life is like, and friendship ain't determined solely by the time spent in the company of each other.
We ordered the usuals. Hokkien prawn mee from the stall at the back, satay with the special pineapple sauce that doesn't actually taste very special, and 2 large cups of sugar cane juice. I feel comfortable in Rach's company, simply because I can be totally myself, be free from the 'guilt' of doing so, and not worry about her reactions! hoho! I really treasure such friends man...
to think of it... i think they are my bestest friends... and it doesn't matter whether or not the regard me as the same...
I am really glad to hear from Rach that she hasn't been short of company in Perth. I think it's defintely tough to go to a foreign land on your own to, in a sense, start a new life. But her smiles assured me of the fact that she ain't that lonely over there.
I saw Don Ang at chomp2. He looks even scrawnier now. And Mabel's brother was there too. I never fail to see familiar faces there.
Friends are more than very important in life, and God definitely hasn't placed us on this planet to isolate ourselves from others. Even though Rach really pouts and frowns alot at times, she's a great friend. She's sensitive, listens, and yet wouldn't hesitate to speak her piece of mind. She seems to be able to read her friends like a book sometimes! And best of all, she's easily mobilised!! hoho!
All e best to you buddy! See you for Christmas!
Friday, February 29, 2008
Chomp Chomp Chomping
Posted by
yufan
at
12:27 AM
