Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, February 29, 2008

The Blabbers: Card Swiping Happy!

Tonight, I settled some unfinished business... I went back to Marina Square to continue my shopping from Tues night! Jonathan, Chui Mei and Hui Xuan was there too.

Sigh~, retail therapy was suppose to help a little, but I guess it is losing it's effect on me. Sometimes I tell myself that I wanna think less, so that I worry less... But wouldn't that be a form of escape? And that thought will only start the ball rolling on a never ending debate between myself and I.

While I've been enjoying the quiet time I spend with God, which is a breakthrough that I've been savouring, I have been feeling rather tired by the works I do unto Him, or at least claim to be so. That's rather puzzling.

I think if there's one thing that I've learnt from what that has been going on lately, mostly within my soul, is that I'm nothing without God. I am learning to depend on Him more and more. Usually I'm slightly 'stressed out' about preparing for cell group, but last night, I totally enjoyed the time spent with DK and Richard. I think the joy comes forth from the desire to gather in His name and to seek his presence.

Even as the journey in serving the Lord can be bumpy at times, but I thank Him for those bumps. Each bump may exist for a different reason but every bump is teaching me to depend on Him more and more...

Detour

I didn't see myself having any problems fasting from games, cos I really seldom play them. But since this week, my office had been filled with dudes playing PSP and it looked quite fun, then realising that I have one at home too, I brought mine to office too! Then I started asking how to upload games unto my memory stick and I asked Lee Seng Yin about it, not having a clue or not whether he has a clue or not. And he said, 'or hor, supposed to fast from games!'... oh yar horz... Forgive me Lord! I will not bring my PSP to work tomorrow!!

Btw, I have to finish this book soon, it has been overdue for 2 weeks already!! It's a really weird story. 'The Unconsoled' by Man Booker Prize Winner (the brit version of the pulitzer), Kazuo Ishiguro... So far, after reading 1/4 of it, I still haven't caught the ball...

Random Funny

During one of those sinful moments of playing the PSP with my office buddies, we were racing with our fragrant cars in Burnout legends... I haven't fully orientated myself to the controls of the game, but I figured out the 'X' is for acceleration and 'R' is for nitrous. Somehow, after some fiddling around, I realised that pressing 'O' seemed to turn on sth that makes the car feel a bit different. It was as if some air vent or sth liddat was opened and some loud sound was produced. So I held on to 'O' all the way to the finishing line.

Moments later, my friend asked me why have I kept on honking throughout the race.