Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, January 25, 2008

Sharing The Joy Of Your Friends

Oh my nyabhitutu, it's already been 4 years since I got that crap piece of paper that triggered the downward spiralling of my life... Well that's another story for another day but if not for it, I guess I wouldn't have met my Saviour...


From the bottom of my heart, I can't stand the sight of all those people celebrating when the get their results... Yes, it's jealousy. I've never gotten a chance to celebrate like they had, with such spontaneity and genuine joy...


But that aside, God bless all those who received their results for today. May you enter the institution of your choice! Or even better, His choice!! hoho! If you ain't satisfied with your results, let your discontentment fuel your motivation to greater heights, don't allow it to be a burden. And for those who are glad with their results, don't allow it to be a burden too.


And in case you are curious, I flopped my 'o' levels badly, so I'd know how you feel if you are feeling down...


I've learnt something new about friends. Ya know, your bestest friends ain't those that stay with you to comfort you when you are low (but of course they are much better than those who don't give a hoot!), but they are the ones who celebrate and rejoice with you when you experience victory and joy. Why? Because very often, when we console and comfort someone, we are glad that we ain't in their shoes. This is even evident in the times of thanksgiving to God whenever we have prayer meetings. People will share about their experiences with unfortunate ones and praise God for the comforts of their own lives.


It ain't wrong to comfort your friends, in fact it's the right thing to do!! But isn't it much easier to do that, as compared to really celebrating with them when they are happy. Sharing their joy, with all abandon-ess of self and without a slightest bit of jealousy. In the bible, we ain't asked to simply love your neighbour, but to 'love your neighbour as yourself'...