Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, December 24, 2007

Year Of Victory

To know what I want to do in my life and to pursue it with heart and passion is a victorious breakthrough in life. Gone are the mornings when I wake up feeling lost and disoriented, when moving on seems meaningless and mundane. It feels great to know that the future is gonna be exciting, and I thank God for what His Word says in Jer 29:11...

Since the beginning of last year, I have wanted to become a cell leader. But after starting an open cell somewhere in July 06, things have never been easy. Our weekly meetings in marine parade only lasted for about 2 months, and I was discouraged and felt defeated. Back then, I felt like I was trying to prove a point, to prove that I can make it as a leader and to feel like I was in control. The journey in growing up in leadership was tough. Learning to be responsible for the lives of those put in my charge wasn't easy, and it was even more difficult for me to recognise that God is in control and I am just a steward.

I shall try my best to say this with humility. I think I have become less selfish as I try to become a better spiritual father. And even though it had been only slightly less than a year, the path had been ridden with obstacles. My only regret is that the ones who started on this journey with me haven't stayed on.

There were times I felt like throwing in the towel. I asked myself if this was all worth it. My friends were having fun, earning extra bucks and getting attached. But I was spending Saturdays with BB, Sundays in church, weekdays for cell group and other related matters. It was then adn there when I realise how selfish and immature I was (or still am). I lost sight of who I am serving. Just like how Jesus didn't give up on me when life was in the doldrums and how I felt like giving up on myself, I should not give up on my cell group.

Derrick, Qing Xiang, Richard and Guang Zhi have all blessed my heart in various ways, both big and small. Thanks for not giving up on me. I wanted to write more about you guys but I felt it was inappropriate. But anyway, out of them all, Derrick has gone through the happy ups and stormy downs with me. He was there when I first started, and is still around, and I thank God for moulding him into a better person every day.

Those are only 2 of the many victories I've experienced with God this year. And I hope you have your fair share of stories too. Do tell others around you about how God has touched your life this year. Praise the Lord not only when there's good music, but may the sweet fragrance of His presence in your life attract the ones around you to Him.

Victories ain't only gonna happen in 2007, but even as we enter 2008, continue to ask for them.

But thanks be to God, who always leads in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place. For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing;

2 Cor 2:14-15