Why must we replace the original programme with this youthlink christmas celebration??? Argh, I feel betrayed. I don't even feel like going for it at all anymore. Argh argh argh... Yes, I can't put how I felt into words... ARGH...
I need to poo before going...
Rewind
The sappers gathered 2 years ago, 10 of them. They didn't know what was laid ahead of them for the next 3 months, but they just wanted to serve God. For the 3 months that followed, they connected with youths and inspired them (hopefully) in camps, service-learning projects and other programmes. They also slept in tents, played counterstrike, wore each other's shoes and danced under the stars.
At the end of it, their lives have been touched and transformed by God. He has demonstrated how He can use us in His plans. On the day to say 'farewell', a few drops of tears were shed and they all knew that they will never regret signing up for it.
For some, it was hard to say goodbye. Perhaps it's gonna be tough to move on, or that it would be a pity if it was to end just like this. But not many knew that this would only be the beginning.
Fast forward...
Can there be a more positive way to look at this? We joined SAP 2 years ago because we wanted to serve God and touch lives. I should rejoice as we are gathering again tonight for the same reason!
The party was a success. We made new friends and also managed to catch up with 'old' ones. After all, we do see one another around in church.
To be continued...
