Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Observing The Sabbath

Til now, I still dun really know for sure what the Sabbath truly is... Yes it's a 'holy day', it's a day of rest, cos even God rested on the 7th day after creating this universe... Well, I'll appreciate input of any form on this subject matter... thanks!!

But today, I've learnt something new about the Sabbath... In Exodus 16, the ppl gathered twice as much manna on the sixth day, which may be equivalent to Saturday or Friday to you, depending on which day you go church??

The act of gathering twice the amount of manna on day 6 is an act of preparation for Sabbath... And in the Bible, there are other records of such preparations, I believe... So Sabbath ain't just some day to rest, sleep in and I believe most of us already know about that part...

But remember, next year is gonna be FCBC's year of Sabbath... So we have to prepare for it too? The israelites did doubled their efforts to gather twice the amount of manna... What would that translate into for us?