'Get good grades!!'
'Go to a famous university!!'
'Earn lots of money!!'
'All my hopes are on you!!'
'Make your Mom and Dad proud!!'
Sounds familiar?? What's your purpose in life? What decides the pace of your life? What's your reference point??
I think I may have been dragged into the rat race of the world subconciously... The only outcome of being in this rat race is that you become a rat... I didn't like attending classes... It felt mundane, purpose-less and repititive... I didn't even know who or what am I studying for... Myself? So that I can good grades, then I can get a degree, then I can get a job that pays me well, then I get married with kids, then I put on even more weight, then my hair turns white then hopefully I die painlessly in my sleep... Man!! That's excruciatingly boring!! There's gotta be more to life!!
Things happen... Change is the only constant... What if a single ingredient in the 'formula' to life as mentioned above goes wrong?? My life is gonna collapse like a deck of cards stacked up a pyramid... Then I'll be labelled as a 'loser', outcasted by everyone else in this race...
I dun think any sane person would want to end up as an outcast... Who are the outcasts around you? It can be the jobless, the physically or mentally challenged, the elderly, the school dropouts... Whatever that had happened to them has an equal chance of happening on me too...
So I was glad to have a reference point in life that never changes... Oh wait, that's kinda contradictory to what i've said right? That's right, cos He ain't from this world, He created this world... And I found unfailing and never-changing love in Him. Only with Him, my life has meaning... With Him, I know I am loved, I know that someone will never give up on me, I know that someone will love me nobody what I will become, whether or not I make it big in the eyes of the cruel world...
'Go to a famous university!!'
'Earn lots of money!!'
'All my hopes are on you!!'
'Make your Mom and Dad proud!!'
Sounds familiar?? What's your purpose in life? What decides the pace of your life? What's your reference point??
I think I may have been dragged into the rat race of the world subconciously... The only outcome of being in this rat race is that you become a rat... I didn't like attending classes... It felt mundane, purpose-less and repititive... I didn't even know who or what am I studying for... Myself? So that I can good grades, then I can get a degree, then I can get a job that pays me well, then I get married with kids, then I put on even more weight, then my hair turns white then hopefully I die painlessly in my sleep... Man!! That's excruciatingly boring!! There's gotta be more to life!!
Things happen... Change is the only constant... What if a single ingredient in the 'formula' to life as mentioned above goes wrong?? My life is gonna collapse like a deck of cards stacked up a pyramid... Then I'll be labelled as a 'loser', outcasted by everyone else in this race...
I dun think any sane person would want to end up as an outcast... Who are the outcasts around you? It can be the jobless, the physically or mentally challenged, the elderly, the school dropouts... Whatever that had happened to them has an equal chance of happening on me too...
So I was glad to have a reference point in life that never changes... Oh wait, that's kinda contradictory to what i've said right? That's right, cos He ain't from this world, He created this world... And I found unfailing and never-changing love in Him. Only with Him, my life has meaning... With Him, I know I am loved, I know that someone will never give up on me, I know that someone will love me nobody what I will become, whether or not I make it big in the eyes of the cruel world...

