I just attended the National Bible Quiz yesterday. On my way to the school hall of St. Andrews Primary, I saw this beautiful verse from Ecclesiastes...
Remember also your Creator in the days of your youth, before the evil days come and the years draw near when you will say, "I have no delight in them";
~Ecc 12:1
I am full of gratitude to Jesus for choosing me to believe in Him when I was 17... It had been wonderful to know the Lord in my youthful teenage years which I had just rubbed my shoulders with... But what about my friends who have yet to experience the reality of God in their lives? I have experienced the transforming power of God in my life, and I am a life transformed!! And in our youthful years, it's so much easier and more exciting to experience God, as compared to knowing Him much later in life...
I thank Miss Xuan for her story of her kids in the kindergarten... according to her description, they are all so cute and some are just cheeky and mischievous!! haw haw... But there is one thing common in each and every one of those kids, they are pure and innocent... okay maybe 2 things... To them, a yes is simply a yes, there ain't no gray areas... They don't lie, simply because they don't see the need to!

We were all once like them... Pure and innocent... Do you remember your first lie? Where have our simplicity and innocence gone?? Take some time to recall how were you when you were 3 years old... You just wanted to be happy... And to me back then, being happy simply meant that Pa and Ma are happy...
I spilled food all over the kitchen... I ran, crying to my Mother, 'Mummy, don't be angry with me! Sorry i drop the food!!'...
Someone I know took part in some beauty paegent... I was really happy for her and proud of her that she won and I saw some of the pictures... For some reason I don't really know, I was saddened by the photos... It seems like the innocent and simple friend that I had known had become someone else totally... She is no longer the person I knew, and she has managed to become ingested into the ways of the world...
I was chatting with a friend about shopping and I commented that I see her in something new all the time... She said that's what girls are all about... My heart ached...
Another friend of mine... I used to watch soccer and had sleepovers at his place.. It was plain and childish fun that we had... And it seem like we would remain like this forever... But he ain't like this anymore too...
The disappointments and deceptions of the world had hurt all of us... My friends, only Jesus can remove your hurts and allow you to move on... What are you seeking for your life?
I once seeked attention from people around me too... I even used to wear make-up when I was in sec 4... (shocking right?? even Amos also dunno k...) and I used to promise my buddy Hoi Fai that I would lose my virginity by 18!! (phew, luckily i still am one)... But I found my identity and purpose in Jesus!! and He has transformed me into who I am today! I ain't the happiest person around, but I am a thousand times happier than how I was 3 years ago, cos no matter what happens, no matter what I do, at the end of the day, I know that Jesus loves me!

