I spent last night with Kelvin Wong, aka young man, after some meeting fell through...
Outings with young man never seem to be a waste of time, although the initial reason seems to be so for me... hur hurr...
Kelvin is one of the most, if not the most, mild-mannered and gentle person I have ever came across... It was kind of a surprise to me that he shared such feelings with me last night. Not that we don't share freely, but it's just the first time I've heard of him being angry with someone...
Which makes me think about my own struggle with anger... For the past few months, I've been telling myself to not get angry cos God sees anger as sin... But I've been doing my reading these few days and I came upon thess verses...
Pursue peace with all men, and the sanctification without which no one will see the Lord.
See to it that no one comes short of the grace of God; that no root of bitterness springing up causes trouble, and by it many be defiled;
~Hebrews 1:14-15
In the exercise of His will He brought us forth by the word of truth, so that we would be a kind of first fruits among His creatures.
This you know, my beloved brethren But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger;
for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God.
~Hebrews 1:18-20
Sometimes, I feel that I have to be nice simply because I am a christian... To non-believers, we protray the image of Christ, and sometimes, that feels like a burden to me...
As a clerk, I didn't have any 'bruddas' that fought alongside me... I was posted straight into admin support on day 1... And looking back, I can't believe I survived all those bullying... Throughout those bullying, I told myself that I have to smile and laugh it off cos those ppl know that I am a christian and if I lose it, it most probably ain't gonna please God... very often, it got so bad that i ran up to my bunk and lied down to cry out and talked aloud to God..
But things have changed now and I am the most lao cheow in office now... I put in constant effort to make sure that I'm not bullying my understudies... I have come to realise that we shouldn't treat ppl well just because we are christians... Don't get me wrong, it is still a reason!! But we the reason behind the reason is that we ourselves have experienced the wonderful grace of God who have sent Jesus to die for us unworthy sinners, and we have to set an example of ourselves as descendants of the living God by demonstrating this love. Like how God reached out to us first, we should also reach out to the friends around us!! We don't do it as a task or a job, we do it because we have experienced this wondrous love and we want to share it!!
But there are limits too. The men of God in the Bible had enemies too... And God told us to pursue peace with all men, which means that God already knows that we will encounter such struggles... But I believe it ain't God's plan for us to not defend ourselves when we are pelted with injustice...
Thus prayer is the most powerful weapon we have... More powerful than any ICBM or H bombs the world has ever seen... and so, if you are having difficulties with certain ppl whether in work or in school, pray for them! Always be a blessing!! Do not bottle up your emotions or it will backfire into anger and hatred towards them, which makes us then fall into the ambush of the evil one...
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
~Phillipians 4:6
It's an honour to be co-heirs with Jesus!!