It would be hard to write an introduction to this topic, but I know of something that is similar to this... Which came first? The egg or the chick?? What have bus drivers done to incur the violence of some punks and one high-class elite punk from Hwa Chong Institution? But what have we commuters done to deserve frequent verbal abuse and the long faces of our bus captains??
It was indeed disturbing to find out that violence dished out to bus drivers has been on the rise... Why did a future Ivy Leaguer (Singaporean version) from HCI burst out into a tirade of punches and kicks to a bus driver just cos he had to confiscate the boy's dear darling's EZlink? It's kinda sad that youngsters these days seem to lose their cool pretty easily...
But no one seem to have questioned the tone of which the driver used on that kiddo... To be honest, if someone were to ask me to do something for him just because he thinks he has had more salt than the amount of rice i have eaten, then he better think again... I would really love to give it to him 'Jack Reacher' style...
Don't you simply tense up your eyebrows whenever you hear all the know-it-all adults complaining about how youths these days are so spoilt, ill-behaved and simply put it, an eyesore?? I even heard one saying that Singapore's future would be 'ruined in their (youths) hands!!' Ain't that over the edge, aaaahhhh-unty??
Perhaps revenge is really best served cold... I took a bus to the doctor this afternoon and as I was hobbling and limping to flag down the bus, the driver seem to ignore me and drived past. I punched the air in a fit of anger, and while he was waiting for the traffic to clear on the first lane, he opened up the door with an odour of unwillingness in the air. I took the effort to smile when and said 'thank you' when i boarded the bus but the driver just scowled and said, (in chinese), 'not the last bus, so hurry for what?'.. Oh then excuse me for troubling you to stop at a bus-stop for a passenger, aaaaahhhhhhuuugn-ncle...
It was indeed disturbing to find out that violence dished out to bus drivers has been on the rise... Why did a future Ivy Leaguer (Singaporean version) from HCI burst out into a tirade of punches and kicks to a bus driver just cos he had to confiscate the boy's dear darling's EZlink? It's kinda sad that youngsters these days seem to lose their cool pretty easily...
But no one seem to have questioned the tone of which the driver used on that kiddo... To be honest, if someone were to ask me to do something for him just because he thinks he has had more salt than the amount of rice i have eaten, then he better think again... I would really love to give it to him 'Jack Reacher' style...
Don't you simply tense up your eyebrows whenever you hear all the know-it-all adults complaining about how youths these days are so spoilt, ill-behaved and simply put it, an eyesore?? I even heard one saying that Singapore's future would be 'ruined in their (youths) hands!!' Ain't that over the edge, aaaahhhh-unty??
Perhaps revenge is really best served cold... I took a bus to the doctor this afternoon and as I was hobbling and limping to flag down the bus, the driver seem to ignore me and drived past. I punched the air in a fit of anger, and while he was waiting for the traffic to clear on the first lane, he opened up the door with an odour of unwillingness in the air. I took the effort to smile when and said 'thank you' when i boarded the bus but the driver just scowled and said, (in chinese), 'not the last bus, so hurry for what?'.. Oh then excuse me for troubling you to stop at a bus-stop for a passenger, aaaaahhhhhhuuugn-ncle...
