Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, August 24, 2007

It Takes Two

It takes two hands to clap.


Really??


Even a kid knows that you can clap with one hand...


I was a facilitator for NYJC Project Smile this evening. After working with so many secondary schools and a few primary schools, it was rather refreshing to work with JC students. I feel like I can click with them so much more easily, it's kinda unexplainable. To be dead honest, NYJC has been the most enjoyable bunch of students I've ever worked with. There was hardly a hint of frustration within myself, and I certainly hope that they have enjoyed Project Smile as much as I had enjoyed being their facilitator.


I know it ain't fair but I drew some comparisons with students I've worked with in the past. As a youth worker (wannabe), the job ain't meant to be easy and plain sailing. But I've been in such desparate situations where I cry out to God to give me wisdom, intelligence and maturity to handle the students that I'm in charge of. At those times, I feel like I'm like a single hand striving to clap as loud as possible.


But it's also through those times when I see God sharpening me. Always be thankful! 常常夸圣!! Each episode and experience had taught me many various valuable lessons. To lean not on my own understanding but on God, to surrender myself to God, to lead not by my own flesh but by the Spirit of God, to see my charges as ppl God has put in-charge of to love and care for, to never compromise the learning and safety of the students, etc....


Looking back, I would never had thought that I'd have so much to share about my experiences. I'm a miracle in the making!! You can be one too!!