I haven't logged onto the computer for a week... So much have happened in the past 7 days, it felt more like 2 weeks squeezed into one.
I have no idea why are so many ppl are talking to me as if I owe them a favour or something. It's sickening. I went to two wakes this week, and it really felt terrible to see a friend lose his mom to cancer. Thankfully she's a believer and she is definitely at a better place right now. I had to make a home visit to a boy who wants to leave BB, and also the leaders' meeting, where I heard one of the most bizarre messages ever. It felt as if the pastors had something on their minds that they were not telling us. Friday was my only night free and I was looking forward to playing table tennis. And to end a terrible week on a sour note, I only got to play about 30min of ping pong. I felt guilty because I told my cell members that I won't be free this week and I really should have met up with them last friday instead of playing that meagre bit of table tennis... In fact, I ended up with a throbbing headache so bad on friday night when I reached home, that I had to miss parade, rehearsal and my proj meeting with the CVSS kids the next day.
But as each day of that last week ended, I looked forward to spending the quality time with the Lord in prayer and seeking Him. I'm learning how to hang out with God instead of hanging out with people.
I have been reminded that I go to church every Sunday not for the company of people but to seek and hear God through the worship and the sermon. After all, men will disappoint me all the time, but God is good to me all the time. I sense a greater dependency on Him as I realise that I'm nothing without Him.
Sunday, March 9, 2008
Last Walk of The Ent
Posted by
yufan
at
9:56 PM
