The Sunshine Empire is a multilevel marketing network, and is a subsidary of the Empire Group Alliances. In short, it's hot now in Singapore and it works by recruiting people to join the network. A newly-recruited member pays $12000 to enter this network and he will earn an amount approximately $800 each month. In addition, he will take commission from whoever he recruits and whoever people 'under' him recruits. Last week, I was approached to join the 'company'.
I got really interested in it, and if not for the high cost for starting, I perhaps would have made up my mind to join them. But it all sounds too good. Which makes it very dubious. I did some reading up on my own and found out that all MLMs are destined to collapse as its income is only coming from the fees that people pay to enter. So there will come a point when there are so many people in the network and there isn't enough funds to distribute among everyone. Sunshine seems to be delaying this by paying 'employees' via e-points. An e-point equivalent to an American dollar, but 'employees' can choose to cash them out. 'Employees' can also choose to take up another membership to 'multiply' their 'income'. Think paying 24k to enter an 'earning' $1600 a month.
Highly suspicious? I have not even went into the controversy surrounding it. But it's not my point to dissuade you from joining them. My point really is, is there any satisfaction from earning money in this manner, without any service or product traded? You see, doctors heal, engineers build, architects design and teachers teach. No matter what, they all must have started off their jobs because they love what they do. So what do MLM-ers do? They recruit ppl to join. Even if it's 100% legal (though I ain't sure about this), doesn't it make you wonder what's the point of it?
For your info, I rejected the person who approached me, when he called the next day. My reason for him, I am not interested in the money. Every explanation he then tried to conjure only cemented my stand.
Sunday, November 11, 2007
You Are My Sunshine (empire), My Only Sunshine (empire)!
Posted by
yufan
at
7:51 PM
