Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 is the year for luurRve...

Ho nonono... hold your horses, don't get too alarmed by the title of this post...

It is now 6h 40m into the new year, and I am just done with my first draft for my first opinion article on the sports section of the school paper.

How did I spend the first few hours of the new year? suppering...

Last year, at the dawn of 2008, i remember receiving 2 happynewyear sms-es. This year, i got none, which honestly, made me kinda sad...

I was then reminded of what i saw last night while waiting for my buddies to play basketball. This little boy was playing ball alone, then his elder brother (who happens to be pretty pudgy) calls for the ball, then starts screaming for it almost immediately. then, the older brother runs to his mom to start squealing... i gawked and thought, 'this ain't the way to play yo! you gotta fight for the ball!!'

and this event i witnessed has somehow molded my new year resolution(s)

1. I've gotta love myself the way God loves me...

I am really a whiner, and i think only my parents know that side about me. you see, when things go bad, i sulk big time, like that boy on the bball courts... deep inside, i'll most probably be waiting for someone to talk to me. very often, that doesn't happen, and that is perfectly reasonable too as the world continues to revolve with or w/o me!

So in this new year, I shall discipline myself to love myself the way God loves me, pick myself up when things ain't going right, and look to God for directions. No more whining and sulking!

2. I want to spread the luurRve...

Believe it or not, but i think that it is perfectly normal these days for ppl to be unwilling to love. That is because of something that may have happened in the past that may be preventing one from opening up, to become vulnerable to love and accept love. Rejections are painful. Tell me about them yo.

So in this new year, I shall overcome myself, reject my pride, and overcome my past to love the people around me!

3. I want to diminish my fear of bugs...

I am really freaked out by bugs (e.g. cockroaches, lizards, moths, beetles, etc...) whenever i see them. I am willing to avoid a particular area at home for days if i know that there's a bug there. So, there really is a need to think and act rationally in response to bugs at home!!

i'm dozing off.... zzzzz......