I've just caught this new film 'Linger' which was produced in HK, starring Vic Zhou (the only human in the mostly humanoid F4) who's Taiwanese and Li Bing Bing who's from the mainland. Did I forget to mention that she looks really stunning?
The story depicts the life of an architecture student (Vic Zhou) who got wasted in a car accident, and whose spirit lingers (now get where the title came from?) in the world to seek his girlfriend (Li Bing Bing). The feeling one would get after catching this movie is that the producers have failed to deliver the full potential of an otherwise original and brilliant storyline. Many portions of the story felt pretty much 'touch-and-go', leaving viewers to imagine and expound on the details on their own. It seemed to me that the producer worked through many late and intoxicated nights, and areas of work that needed more work on were unnoticed and left untouched. I walked out of the theatre wondering how much better the movie would have been if this or that had happened instead.
Nevertheless, if you are into melancholic dramas, you should catch this film. In modern lingo, if you are 'emo', you must watch this...
The film managed to evoke some memories within. Midway through the movie, I couldn't help but to draw certain parallels between the movie and myself (minus almost every of the lovey dovey parts), but these similarities shall be disclosed from the public eye...
But it had also managed to provoke some rather morbid thoughts from within. Have you ever asked yourself what would be the best way you want to die? I would most certainly want to die while covering some major news event, e.g. war or political unrest, getting hit by a bullet in my chest or something like that. Man, that's really morbid right??
But there's another question that got me thinking; if I were to die, would I leave with regret...? I'd be full of them if that time would be today. There are so many things I have yet to experienced in life. I'm only twenty... Starting a family, having a baby daughter, interview famous people, see my 12 find their 12, etc... and yah, see man utd win more trophies. With that said, I have come to realise that my I am very attached to the ways of the world.
But I think there are even more important things than that. It's also about making peace with people around me, tell my parents that I love them, appreciating key figures of influence in my life.
Has my life made a difference in this world? Have I tried my all in bringing my friends to Jesus?
I am overwhelmed with thoughts. But I've been reminded (by a cheesy movie) to live every moment of my life intentionally for God. It ain't gonna be easy, but anything worth doing ain't easy. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. The great work of art begins with a dot of paint. And I pray that when I leave this world, the finishing touches of my life would be put on by the Lord and it shall turn out to be a grand masterpiece painted by His hand... an awesome sight in its every detail...
Friday, January 11, 2008
How Do You Want To Die Today?
Posted by
yufan
at
12:32 AM
