Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, September 2, 2007

You Want The _______?? You Can't Handle The _______!!!


I got into some trouble recently... I shall spare the details to spare myself from the tight and far-reaching grip of the Army which has already left its mark on users of YouTube...


It caused me some distress but it would have triggered greater anxiety if my ORD isn't in 6.5 months time... I admit that I ain't much of a man of prayer but some how i figured that I should commit this problem to God and He will definitely deliver me from this mini 'crisis'...


A few days later, the solution to the problem was conceived and the end to it was in sight! wala!! the brilliance of the lao jiao course clerk of ETI has saved the day again... this situation should be wrapped up and filed as a case study for my understudies by Fri, 31 Aug...


Argh crap... an obstacle was in the way... i would have to spend extra time in moving that boulder to the side of the path...


Oh hold on a second, corporal!! was it really your 'strength and might' that saved the day?? shouldn't you be giving praise and thanks to the Almighty One who has delivered you from your trouble??


That got me thinking quite a lot... Perhaps at times, God doesn't give us what we ask for because He already knows that we wouldn't acknowledge Him for what He will had done and we end up in self-exhortation which draws us straight into the ambush that satan had set for us and pull us further away for the Lord... If God were to give you a million dollars right now, what are you gonna do with it?? i think i would most probably go into a spending frenzy and credit card a signing shopping spree... which would then lead me into an overly materialistic and cosmetic outlook on things... which would then draw me away from God!!... get the picture??
I guess the issue is really living a lifestyle of giving thanks to God constantly, even for the smallest things in life... giving thanks ain't simply praising God, but it enables me to recognise the presense of the ever-present God in my life... ;)